My Background

I come from a Hispanic background. Although I have lived in Long Island for most of my life I was actually not born in this country. I was born in El Salvador and lived there until I was four years old. When I first came to this country I did not know English too well but I was able to pick up the language pretty quickly. After a few months of living in the United States I was able to read, write and speak English just as well as other kids my age. After English started becoming my primary language I started developing an accent when I speak Spanish. I still go back to visit El Salvador often and it is one of my favorite things to do. When I go there I usually spend my days playing soccer, hiking, and working at my grandmother’s bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Works Cited

Works Cited “Aeschylus.” Google, www.google.com/amp/s/www.ancient.eu/amp/1-11058/. Accessed Apr. 15 2019 Broggiato, Maria1, maria.broggi...