Class Summary

I believe this class was an important class to take in order to be prepared for any type of writing that I have to do not only in what’s left in my educational journey, but also in what lies beyond it. While in English 101 I learned the expectations that were in place when it came to writing essays and doing presentations, this class allowed me to apply what I had learned to meet those expectations. If I had to choose what my favorite thing in this class was, I would have to say that it was learning about the lives of the authors. Furthermore, If I had to choose the most important thing that I learned in this class I would say it was learning how to cite different types of literature. To me, the most enjoyable element of this class was exploring literature and the writers who were behind each piece. I have never been one to read on his own or take joy in reading and while I still believe that has remained unchanged, I did enjoy discussing the literature during classes because it usually resulted in me being surprised with the different things that I had missed. As I stated before, the aspect that I found most enjoyable in this class was learning about the personal lives and the literary styles of each author. This is what interested me the most because although this is a literature class, I believe that one should know about the people creating the literature rather than just the literature itself.Furthermore, you could sometimes tell what point in their lives the author was living in by paying attention to the connections between the literature and their personal lives and the context of their stories. On the other hand, the most important skill that I learned in this class was how to properly cite different types of literature.This is a skill that I will have to use when writing an essay or any research paper so having the knowledge as to how it is properly done is necessary. I think that this has a huge importance because not knowing how to give people credit for their work often comes with big consequences. As a skill that I will need to keep using often in my academic career, I think that citing was the most important skill I could have learned. I believe that after taking English for these past two semesters I am now a better writer who is capable of doing well in any writing assignment as long as I put in the effort. This class allowed me to learn about the lives of famous authors and their pieces of literature. Additionally, I got to learn how to improve my writing and how to properly cite. Without this class I do not think I would be prepared for the writing that I will have to do as I continue with my academic career.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Works Cited

Works Cited “Aeschylus.” Google, www.google.com/amp/s/www.ancient.eu/amp/1-11058/. Accessed Apr. 15 2019 Broggiato, Maria1, maria.broggi...